Rat Tail Baby

zondag, januari 29, 2012

Life has been quite hectic these past weeks 
and after my Mum left last Wednesday I feel like I'm having to finally 
establish some kind of routine. Blah
I honestly did not expect the transition of going from 1 to 2 children to be this difficult. 
I am as much in love with my girls as ever, but it's amazing how quickly you forget how reliant a newborn is. And how much harder it is to give that baby everything it needs when you have a 17 month old also needing so much from you. 
Well, there are times when all three of us have cried (and I'm sure many more to follow) and then I put on a happy song and dance around with my girls to get all the negativity out of the house. 



I am missing my Mum sorely, but am so grateful for the awesome time we had! I couldn't ask for a better Mum/best friend. Love her so much!


Johan's Oma passed away last monday, which took us all by surprise. Although we are happy she is with the Lord and rejoice that she did not have to suffer and passed seemingly peacefully...she will be missed greatly and was loved by all. She was definitely a special woman. 
Although she had come to visit us two weeks ago and had met Kaliya before she passed on (which I am so thankful for) we unfortunately didn't get a picture. So I will post one that we had taken when Shakinah was born.

dear sweet oma!

With the funeral being yesterday we have been blessed to have Johan's sister Mirjam and her husband Urs and their daughter Hannah stay with us. They currently are living in Switzerland and had a daughter a month ago. 
Two cousins a week apart

and now some picture of my girls
Watching cartoons together

cuddling time

Ki was so happy to be holding Kay (finally)!


This picture cracks me up. They both look fed up!

Ki trying to kill Grammy

Guess She had enough of Grammy disciplining


Ki's quiet place

breakfast time

Forgot to mention: Kaliya has had a rat tail from day 1.

Ki loves holding Papa's hand when going for a walk


Seriously how cute is this?? 

---------
The next set of pictures are from November which I never posted but I had to share because I love them:

Ki's first lolli

Papa decided he wanted in on it

She had enough with sharing

Papa loving

What a ham!


look at those teeth
--------

And just to give you nightmares I'll leave you with this


These are the things that horror movies are made from

xx
Bethany

You Might Also Like

0 reacties