American Babies

donderdag, juni 13, 2013

We spent 3 wonderful weeks in Ohio with my family 
for the wedding of my brother Josiah! 
It was a great time and we loved every minute of it! We loved being with my family and 
the girls enjoyed it immensely! 

I have to mention that my brother Josh wasn't there and that was really a bummer 
but we were blessed to have his wife and girls there! 




Xavier (who is a little over a year younger than Ki) is almost as big as her
yet Shakinah took over the role of bossing him around

She loved him a lot! 
Haha!

Grammy and Shakinah hanging out 

One of the girls favourite activities was helping Grammy water her little potted garden



It was a daily ritual

The house that my parents have been blessed to stay in until they find a permanent residence 
is right on a lake...so for us it really felt like a vacation

And who doesn't loved waking up to a lake

The girls enjoyed watching Tukey cook out on the grill

Tukey's fan club

The girls with half of the cousins 
(Left to Right: Xavier 2 (exactly), Kaliya 18m, Shakinah 2 3/4, Isaiah 4) 

Cuties

Ki and her Tukey bonding over their favourite: ice cream

Isaiah caught a fish! 
We were all so proud!! 

Uncle Jacob fishing with the kids

Grammy got the girls their first real tutus! 
They loved them!!




Aunt Alicia and Aunt Ali with the little ones reading stories 

The kids loved it! 
Alicia was an awesome story teller! 

One of my best friends Amy (from the Doulos) came up with her husband for an evening 
and we had such an amazing time! She has been such a joy to my life and her friendship means so much to me! 


We loved spending time with them! 


Day trip to the Akron zoo was a big hit! 
Papa and his girl

Uncle Siah came too! 




Sweet baby Kinlee (16m)
Josh and Ali's youngest

Her and Uncle Siah bonded! 

My little buddy! 

Isn't he the cutest??

Jacob and Xavier on the carousel 

Ali and Kinlee

Siah and Kelynn (3 1/2) 
Josh and Ali's oldest

As the guys were away at Josiah's bachelor party 
the Mum and sisters went out for a wonderful dinner and ice cream
It was an awesome time! 
Larissa Josiah's wife is in the middle :) 

The flower girls! 

Cuties 

All the flower girls with the beautiful bride 

Precious! 
(Is that not the most stunning bride??) 
Couldn't have had a more beautiful wedding and couple! 
I think I cried the whole day! 

Christ at the center of the marriage! 
Awesome! 

Was honoured that Josiah asked me to give a toast! 
I was a nervous emotional pregnant mess, but I made it through without blubbering! :) 


Grammy and Tukey 
and all their grandchildren 
(for the moment!) 

the cousins! 

As you can see this is only a fraction of all the fun we had! 
But I am just so blessed to have a family like I do! 
God has shown so much grace and love towards my family
and I am so grateful for the time! 
It never gets easier to leave...actually I think was the most difficult time yet
But God is good and we are thankful for all the love and support from my family! 

XX
Bethany 

ps. I'll leave you with this 
sometimes as a parent you got to be creative 
especially on a plane

yes that's a diaper


























You Might Also Like

1 reacties

  1. Hey! I still had this blog "bookmarked" on my computer and saw on my calendar this weekend it was your birthday yesterday - just wanted to send a happy belated birthday your way!

    Sorry I have been so bad at staying in touch and that we missed you guys while you were in the States. Next time! We are actually moving back to Akron this coming weekend - let us know if you guys are back anytime. And we're STILL planning that trip over to Holland to see Natasha's Oma and family (and you guys of course!). It's looking like June 2014 w/ my school schedule.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen