To my Mother on Mother's Day

zondag, mei 14, 2017


My Mother who nurtures...
You are the woman that carried me with swollen feet and a round belly. 
You are the woman who labored through hell to bring me into this world with pain unimaginable and joy the like. 
You are the woman that nursed me with sleepless nights and a drained body. 
You held me close when my world fell apart 
And told me no when I demanded a yes
You spanked me when it hurt you to do so
Because you were willing to do the hard for you 
For the betterment of me.
you prayed and prayed and prayed
And you loved.
You loved me on days when I didn't deserve it
and you loved me when we both had enough
You loved...yes you loved with all you had. 



You have stood by my Father, when the world around you shouted to claim your rights
and to not be ruled by a man. 
You humbled yourself when others seemed to be moving ahead in the worlds eyes 
yet you chose us. 
Your family. Your husband. Your children. 
You worked hard and never complained.
You brought joy and warmth to our home.
And your legacy lives on.
Years and years of behind the scenes. 
Teaching us
Growing us. 
Loving us. 
You gave yourself. 
You gave us so much more than you can imagine.
You have taught us the same self sacrificial love
that the Father has shown the world. 
You have shown us the heart of God...
that is tender and kind and compassionate.



You are a noble woman. 
A queenly woman.
A woman who brings honor to God
You have chosen a path that not many choose, because so much goes unseen.
There are no trophies 
Or ceremonies
No diplomas or credit.
Just scraped knees and pubescent anger.
More tears and laughter than one could ever try to record.
You have made me proud to be your daughter. 
To be your friend. 


You have not just spoken words, but you are walking in those words. 
You are a woman who lives it out.
You lead others with intelligence and compassion
You somehow embody both strength and gentleness
You have a heart of gratitude and a spirit that loves to worship
And you love. 




In your daughters eyes,
No woman compares. 
Because I know you
I've watched you
I've seen you.
You have given me an example 
of what a woman should bring to this world:
Love. 
What we all should be bringing to this world. 
Thank you for loving Jesus first. 
Thank you for loving Tuk second 
Thank you for loving us third 
and thank you for doing it so well!




Thank you for bowing low and being willing to serve. 
You will be honored and blessed. 
For you have blessed so many.
You have blessed me.
You are a woman who far excels them all. 
You are my Mother, my greatest ally, my mentor, and my dearest friend. 



Happy Mother's Day my Mum! 
I love you!


You Might Also Like

0 reacties