Kaliya Baby

woensdag, januari 11, 2012

So incredibly joyous to welcome our second little girl into the world on January 4, 2012. 


After a 2 hour labour, she entered the world a little sooner than we all expected 
and after being told for what seemed like forever not to push because the midwife had not yet arrived I finally rolled onto my back and said (okay okay: yelled) to my Mother and Johan..."I'M PUSHING". And so my Mother became my midwife and was the first one to welcome our little girl into the world. Which now seems very special but at the time I think it is safe to say we were all scared to death.  
The midwife came shortly after and pronounced her very healthy!

First picture with my girls! 
(Because of the sheer happiness you feel you love to think you look a little more beautiful after you give birth, but pictures give a harsh reality check :) )

Scary blue baby with scary blue hands!

First Shakinah kiss and many many many to follow

Getting a little more colour

a few hours later

i can't say enough positive things about home birth
After my second home birth I am convinced once more that I would prefer it to being in a hospital.
I loved having Shakinah right there after the delivery 
And i LOVE taking a shower in my own shower afterwards! 
and i love love love cuddling in my own bed with freshly cleaned sheets and my baby!

ki has been enjoying the traditional dutch treat (beschuit met muisjes) that you serve to visitors after you have a child 

It's a sad thing when your new born is more tan than you 


Shakinah was showing of her spooning skills (I know I know: weak)

Kusje (Kiss) for Grammy

or was she just trying to eat Grammy's face?

My little sweety who has her papa's furrowed brow!

We are so blessed by our little Kaliya 


xx
Bethany


**Kaliya is pronounced Kah-lee-yah which is from the arabic name Khalila which means sweetheart or beloved**













You Might Also Like

0 reacties