Social Baby

woensdag, mei 25, 2011

Shakinah has been having a busy month, and i think for the next days we will have enough pictures to update and catch everyone up. 

Johan's sister and brother-in-law stayed with us for a week and a half, and Shakinah just loved spending time with them! Anneke came down for a couple different days...so we all enjoyed spending time together!
Of course Shakinah is at an age where it's hard to get her to sit still. 
So we have quite a few shots of her trying to lunge off everyone's laps. 
Shakinah enjoyed every moment of the attention she was getting!
...

My friend Eleanor, who I met on the ship, is from the Netherlands...so when I moved here I cannot express what is meant that She also lived in the same country. Over the years she has become an irreplaceable person in my life. Unfortunately (well, I guess fortunately for her) she fell in love and got married to a South African, and moved there. Which was  few weeks after Shakinah was born. I have felt her absence keenly, but was overjoyed to have her back in the Netherlands again (only for a short vacation).
Ki and Ellie got on quite splendidly. 

Although, Eleanor did have to say, " I can't believe what I'm about to say, but Shakinah is a bit of a redhead." I almost had a heart attack and bought hair dye on the spot (no offense Ellie ;). But it's just not true.
We had a day like the old times. It was spectacular. 

This is how Shakinah gives kisses. It's a little aggressive. A real Dutch lady. 

Shakinah with her Great Grandmother
It was very sweet to see :)
...
Until tomorrow

xx
Bethany

You Might Also Like

0 reacties