City Girls

maandag, februari 29, 2016

I felt like it was time to reintroduce my blog. 
As things have come back once again into a somewhat structured chaos. 
What better way to come back after a couple years than to start with a monumental event. 

That's right folks for the first time I left my kids at home and went for a weekend away. 
Okay. Okay. 
That's not totally true. 
I left my kids, but not my baby. 
Come on...one step at a time. 
Meaning: Johan will find it so easy with 3 kids that next time when I leave the fourth he'll be like "pfff...no problem: piece of cake". Wisdom my friends. 
Wisdom. 

So who would be the only person up for coming with me and an 8 month old for a weekend away?
Of course....my BFF Ruth
Helps a bit that Ruth happens to be Dely's favourite person ever. 

So we Airbnb'd it up in Rotterdam
And it was 
Amazing. 

Found this awesome little place that served breakfast
Fell in love. 
You know the deal. 
You serve bacon
we like you. 
You serve bacon at 9am
We like you more. 


Ruth was gazing at the awesome high rise
outside of the huge wall of glass that lay behind me.
City girls


I'm addicted to coffee
Not slightly addicted, but like dull pain behind my eyes 
if I don't get my intake. 
Mother of 4 = get me a friggin cup of coffee before 8am
Ruth learned quickly. 
Hence me being hunched over my coffee.


This place had 
the best coffee.


Let's be honest
all she really sees on this plate is bacon. 
BAAAACON. 



 I found my next home...
Seriously...
the architecture in Rotterdam
Mind = blown. 

Yeah...what do you say about this?
Beautiful building
Full of Food.
I ask you
Does it get better people? 


Only a few people will understand this
Because you would only know this about me if you saw me in Taiwan and/or Hong Kong
I found bubble tea. I found my beloved milk tea! 
Oh heaven. 
Oh piece of heaven.
Sun shine and gelatin bubbles that fly up through the straw of your milk tea and nearly cause you to choke to death. 
For a brief moment I was a lifetime away
running down the streets of taiwan with my accom girls desperately trying to find a milk tea joint. 
<3


Walking along the water
with the best. 


Dely was overwhelmed with happiness


Was the reason we stopped at a cafe by the water:
to soak in the sunshine? 
No. 
To enjoy the scenery? 
Hell no. 


To obviously get my coffee fix. 
Get it. 
That is real happiness right there. 
Strolling along the port. 



Because you just can't stop being a Mommy
I made Ruth take this picture of me for Leyton
because a lighthouse is in his book.
He was 
so stoked 
when I came home and showed it do him.
So worth the awkward pose. 


:)

Okay
I know some of you might be surprised 
but there is in fact American blood running through my veins. 
And that blood knows what a good hamburger is. 
I mean you give me a great hamburger 
and there's not much more that I want out of life. 
So this pains me to say this
Like 
knife to the heart 
kind of hurts, 
but it was too delicious not to talk about. 
I had the best hamburger of my life in Rotterdam. 
We found this burger joint and I died and went to heaven. 
I told Ruth to leave me alone for awhile after I ahem...finished
because it was that good. 

Of course I ate it too quickly to get a picture and afterwards I thought of asking the people next to us if I could take a picture of their hamburger
and then I remembered we were STILL in the Netherlands
and personal space is a big thing
So I left that one alone.
No picture. 
Go to Rotterdam. 



I have never met a more joyful baby than this one here. 
She was so easy
and maybe... 
just maybe...
she enjoyed not having three siblings trying to kiss her every 2 seconds. 


I AM a responsible Mother. 







You cannot imagine how many time I get the question,
"How do you do it with four kids?" 
Let me tell you
this is how. 

No seriously this kid is wide awake at 
!!5am!!
That means she stares at Baby Einstein while I lay on a couch 
and try to sleep. 
By try I mean bitterly cursing daylight in my head. 

She also might have a slightly unhealthy attachment 
to Baby Einstein. 
Oops 




-----O----- 


So thankful for this incredible lady
and what a blessing she is to my life. 



Feeling totally full on happiness and sunshine. 
And this city girl got a taste of her comfort zone.
And it felt freaking great. 

XX 


You Might Also Like

0 reacties