Efteling Babies

donderdag, maart 17, 2016

Efteling. 
Just speak that word here
and everyone is taken away 
to a place of fairytale forests
carnival rides 
dream flights 
and roller coasters


Johan's Aunts and Uncle took the kids and I there. 
Which is great 
because they just happen to be the kids favorite people.
ever. 
But more than that
I was in 
Fairytale freaking heaven. 

Let me introduce you to the backs of 
Els and Thea
Two gems of women 
who have made living in the Netherlands  
so much more warm and lovely.
Without getting too sappy
  they have given Johan, the kids, and I a 
gift 
that we really miss...
a family to share day to day life with.
They have been the constant in our kids lives 
and the bond that my kids have with them
is something 
very precious to us. 
"Okay Dear"*
as Els would put it. 

*that's enough of my American sentimentality 
haha 


Meet Cor 
The man who can literally make anything.
And who literally has worked in every field
One of the most interesting people I've ever met.
Leyton is definitely his little Buddy
He made sure Cor stayed with him 
the WHOLE time! 


My fearless girl! 
First time going on rides together. 
We had a 
!BLAST!



So thankful
they actually had the sense of where we were going
I was clueless

Don't ask me what that man with the neck was about:
I know he's famous
but it only looked sketchy to me. 

My fun loving Kaliya


A picture 
is worth a thousand words. 

Thea is a baby whisperer. 
No joke Cesar
Get out 
the way. 


I felt like a 5 year old
I was entranced by the old witch 
climbing up Rapunzel's hair 
freaking sweet.


Little bear 


One good looking group of people

My Loves
Chilling out
In front of some old woman's house 
I acted like I knew all the fairytales. 
I knew like 3 of them...
Embarrassing



The Kids with their favorite Els 
in front of Snow White's castle.

sidenote:
I may or may not 
have wet myself when the old Queen/witch 
started cackling and then yelled. 
Shakinah and I were covering our ears 
and looking at the ground. 
Way to show my kids how to be fearless.
Fail.





Ummm...
I took way too many pictures of this bird. 
BUT
IT was so majestic. 
I know, I know I said it about A bird. 
What is the world coming to? 
UGH
I hate birds. 


Okay,Okay
This was my favorite thing ever. 
I proceeded to ask Cor to build one for us in our backyard. 
Or in our house. 
Either or.
I'm not picky. 
A talking tree
A freaking talking tree that tells fairytales 
and had a low voice. 
I could have left the low voice part out but I mean it was the Josh Turner of Dutch voices. 
Hot. 
This is going no place good.


I'm sorry #sorrynotsorry but this baby is the cutest baby that has ever existed. 
At least one of the 4 cutest babies that ever existed. 
I really am hoping that when I look back at pictures in a few years I won't have that moment
You know that moment Mom's of kids older than 3.
You know it
That moment when you look back at a baby picture of your kid 
and you're like, 
"Crap, she/he really wasn't all that I made her/him out to be."
aka "my baby was ugly".

         
You know
You know
Just finished riding on some giant snails 
OH MY GOSH.
I love this place. 



Ahhhh
::satisfaction::

XX

You Might Also Like

0 reacties