Flower Baby

dinsdag, augustus 23, 2011


With Marriage comes the inevitable moments when you look at each other and think 
where are we going with this relationship?  And how do we need to move forward in order to grow closer as we get older rather than apart. 

Johan and I had a few days where we really needed to reevaluate and get on the same track with a few things, which of course adds a heaviness which wears a couple out. After some heavy conversations and some not so happy moments. After things were back on track again and peace was restored to our home, we decided we needed to get out and enjoy some happy relaxed family time: full of lots of laughs, kisses, cuddles, and NO deep conversations. Shakinah especially was a fan of the kisses and cuddles! 


In the town next to us they have this beautiful park, called the "Hei", where during this time is totally covered in purple flowers, aka Heath. Which I spent way too much time trying to figure out what it was on the internet. 
(My Grandma would be proud). 



It always does the soul good to take time and enjoy God's amazing creation! 


Who wants to focus on nature when you have food in your mouth?

Eventually Ki really did start to enjoy the flowers 


Relaxing in some much needed sun!! 
we've had a cold and rainy summer...so at the chance of sun...we are out in it!

This is Johan's idea of bonding time with Shakinah in the stroller :) 

I went to visit Julia yesterday but before I left I wanted to make sure that my Grams knows that I wear the skirt she gave me. My grandma made this skirt and had worn it on the day Grandpa Dick was killed. It's very sentimental to me, and felt very honoured that my Grams would give to me. 

plus...I'm terribly humbled by how good the sewing is. 

I just love them dearly!


until next time 

xx 
Bethany 

(In regards to my above comments to marriage: My husband is a very good and very respectable man. And I love him very dearly however I am not someone that wants to paint a picture that my life is perfect or our relationship is perfect. We all have our struggles and own things to face within a relationship. Facebook and blogs usually ONLY paint the happy pictures of a family and marriage. Of course no one wants others to see their own individual failings and errors! However, some people can then feel like something is wrong, because their relationships aren't all smiles and love. I do hope for those of us in relationships that maybe this would be an encouragement for others to sometimes say, yeah we have our problems. And we want to work through them :)!)











You Might Also Like

0 reacties