Summer Days

zondag, juli 22, 2018

I love Summer! 

When I was young 
Summers meant freedom
endless hours of sitting in creek beds 
and catching frogs
running through the forest
and sitting in trees and building look out posts
Softball games and firefly catching
fireworks and picnics
Barefeet and all of nature awake and buzzing.

Summer is here! 
and  school ended 







Leyton got to celebrate his birthday in class the last day of school


In the Netherlands, it's common for a child to bring something 
to share with this class for his/her birthday called "een traktatie"

I'll be honest Mom here and say that I totally forgot about Leyton's birthday. 
Like not the components around his birthday, like his actual birthday. 
Seriously I woke up a day before, and was like 
"Oh, no. no. no." 
I'd love to say that this is an uncommon occurrence for me...
well I would like to say that. 

So I'm quite proud of myself that I got anything out the door. 



And Leyton was so excited to hand them out


And he got a cake, so I feel like I can pat myself on the back and say
"good save". 



We also added to our ranks and got a new family member 


Meet Jack! 
Shakinah's German Giant (Duitse Reus)
He's still a baby, so he has to grow quite a bit! 


Johan has to keep reminding me this is 
Shakinah's pet and not mine! hah
But really I know...
technically all the animals well...
they are all mine! 
heh


We got some precious time with our nieces and nephew
from Switzerland and of course with our sister and brother! 
Love them greatly!


We've played in fountains with Uncle Sam
and planned strategies about how to get him in the water.





And flew kites with Auntie Ruth






And had a lovely visit with our brother Deepak


Some friendships stand the test of time
and seeing our kids running up to Deepak 
like they see him everyday 
warmed our hearts
and made us so thankful for our dear brother 
who takes the time out of his busy schedule to see us!




Happy Summer days y'all

XX
Bethany 

You Might Also Like

0 reacties