Changing of Seasons Babies

woensdag, november 07, 2012

I clearly need to start writing more often 
because it's a pain in the butt to upload so many pictures at one time .
However, of course I would really love to show you what's been going on in the last months so here we go: 
Weather in the Netherlands is bizarre to say the least. 
You really can never predict when summer weather will actually come around (2 years ago it was in April, the year before it was in October) You CAN almost always bet that it's actually not going to be in the actual summer period. 
Here we are in September eating an ice cream in summer clothes
Ahhhh Dutch weather 

In May I recently gotten reacquainted with Ruth
a friend from Egypt from when we were both in Highschool 
We both can't answer why it took us 3 years to actually get reacquainted 
but it did and funny enough we live less then five minutes from eachother (five minutes by bike...that how we determine distance around here...how long it takes by bike) :) 
Anyways, I have been enjoying this new/old friendship immensely and already feel more than blessed to have her in my life. 
Also she's great at getting Kaliya to sleep (obviously)

Kaliya's first shopping cart ride!
Also I am easily excited but this was the coolest shopping cart ever it had two actual seats 
side by side for two babies!
Johan said it was because we were in the farming area and "those people" reproduce like rabbits.
i can relate. 
Thus i like the double seater.


All set and ready to go with my little bug in her moby


We love our forest adventures

Our first cupcakes that we actually made together

She enjoyed them a lot

All was quiet in the house for 15 minutes which made we worry
I turned the corner to hear a little voice reading stories
I walked into the bathroom to find Shakinah has seated elmo in her potty and reading
him a pile of books. She proceeded to read all of her books to elmo while he went poo poo

Kaliya my little hipster

Let's go Ma!

our double wagon 

My little bug

Love my baby

Love my big girl

And I know my blog posts always look like my kids only smile and we have a lot of fun
well they do smile and laugh and we do have a lot of fun
but i just wanted to let you know there is another side of reality. 
shakinah wanted a cookie
I told her 'no way'

This was her reaction 
(yes and she had taken off her pants for no reason) 
Having a two year old ensures we also have some moments like this :)

Johan's Aunt Thea
who the girls are crazy about!!! 
(of course so are Johan and I)
Is giving me some sewing lessons
but while she was with us we took a walk


!!

Shakinah's drawing corner/Farah's basket 

Ruth being a creeper

Shakinah's idea of a hat for Kaliya
Kaliya was quite happy with it!

Shakinah and I made a fort while Kaliya took a nap
It was almost over our whole living room

We had so much fun in it 

And of course Ki commemorated it with a nose pick
 real nice

Shakinah also thought Farah needed a little accessorizing 
I'm not sure Farah was so thrilled with it!


I love Autumn walks
And I LOVE my family!
I'm a truly blessed woman!



XX
Bethany

You Might Also Like

1 reacties

  1. O my , your girls are really getting big.
    It's about time to visit you again, or you visit us.....

    greex Urs & Mirjam

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen