Indian Summer Baby

zaterdag, oktober 01, 2011

We have been having beautiful weather the past week 
It's like the summer we never had here, and we've been trying to soak up as much sun
as humanly possible. 
Last Sunday we had a nice day out to Enschede (Mid-Eastern border of the Netherlands) 
to visit Johan's wonderful brother Sam! 
We had a peaceful walk with lots of huffing and puffing from me 
and a lot of mess from Ki

Sam started getting a bit nervous when Johan and I sat Shakinah there 
and started running away :P

It was hard to keep Shakinah on the task of walking:
everything was too interesting

a nice break

Shakinah of course had to put her face in the dirt

She often has her own way of doing things

It was a beautiful day 
and we enjoyed it immensely! 
(Especially because I beat the boys in colonists later that night!!!) 

I never thought I would be that kind of Mother who dresses her daughter up 
and loves to see her in "cutsie" clothing, but I am. I love days like today...when I dress her in an over the top outfit and I say "ooh lala very pretty" and then she twirls around and prances about like a little princess. It cracks me up and warms my heart. 

Yesterday Johan had off so we went to a tiny little beach in Rhenen and spent the afternoon there.
It was so relaxing: definitely was what we all needed! 



Daddy and his girl!!! 

Last post I showed off Shakinah's spoon eating skills and I just thought I'd give you an update on how things are going...



Happy Weekend everyone! 



xx
Bethany 

Courtesy of Sam!

You Might Also Like

0 reacties