Upon Return

zaterdag, juli 30, 2011

I am totally aware that I have taken a leave of absence from this blog while I was vacationing in Ohio. 
(Vacation pictures to come. Eventually.) 

Shakinah and I have been seeing a lot of people since we came back...
I was afraid she would go into withdrawal without her grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins not constantly being around, but of course she has dealt with it beautifully as she always does. 

If you remember, my dear friend Julia and her son, who we spend the majority of our free time with.
Well it has been no different upon return. And we decided to take a short journey to Amersfoort (a city in Holland about a half hour from us). And spend the day there. 

We found a cute coffee shop where the whole upstairs loft was converted into a child's dream land of toys. 
Shakinah and Jacob loved it. 
And had a blast. 
Shakinah is already acting like a princess and having the men do all the work for her 
(yes, I have taught her well)

Ki as usually has been terrorizing everything and since she has begun to walk it's worse than normal. 
Destruction is an understatement for what this child wreaks on the house.

However she is so good at entertaining herself I cannot complain. 
Today I found her just hanging out in her maxi cosi...talking to herself in the mirror. 

yes I do realize my daughter is almost a year and she still fits happily in her maxi cosi
we call her midget baby (oh sorry, little person baby)


And then she carried her baby and winnie around the house for 15 minutes walking them into every room

The wonderful Emily Abuatieh (who lives in Beirut) via my Mum sent a little monkey outfit for Shakinah
(Thanks so much Emily! You are awesome)



And shakinah loved the hat...she kept handing it to me to put on her head, and then when I did she would start giggling. 

When baby sleeps...sometimes she finds some odd positions to maneuver herself into 
but most every time it's  adorable! 


this was a bit of a disjointed post, but I must say it's nice to be back! 
Enjoy the weekend 

xx 
Bethany 

You Might Also Like

0 reacties